Thursday, April 30, 2015

C-Section awareness month

Apparently April is C-section awareness month (who knew?). C-section mama's will always be very near to my heart because only we know the pain and grieving that comes along with such a birth. I saw this article posted and reading it brought tears to my eyes. It speaks so much truth. We often praise unmedicated, vaginal births and we absolutely should. We forget though to consider the strength that is required of a woman who in most cases has her dream birth suddenly taken from her. C-section for me is still painful, not physically but emotionally. Reminders that I did not hold my daughter for the first two hours pierce my heart like a sword. The agony of knowing I was unable to even see her due to the effect of the medicine even now bring tears to my eyes. I didn't put her down for several months after because subconsciously I was seeking to make up for the loss of the precious time. I see my scar daily and it reminds me of the sacrifice that was made for her. It is a painful reminder of all the things we did wrong and all the ways I feel responsible for ending up on an operating table. In the end though our births belong to God because the children we bring into the world are ultimately His. I pray for the healing of all my fellow C-section mamas. May we all find peace with our birth.

Sidenote: I do not condone showing off your scar since that is a bit immodest but I love everything else in the article.



No comments:

Post a Comment